Broaden your engineering skills and gain a greater understanding of 5G NR. Learn from engineers at Qualcomm Technologies: a world pioneer in 5G technology.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Take the next step in your career by gaining a greater understanding of 5G technology and wireless engineering.
- Train with engineers at Qualcomm Technologies – a world leader in 5G technology and wireless communication.
- Upon completion, receive a Qualcomm-branded certificate of completion that may help you get that next job or promotion.
- Introduction to 5G NR
- Discussion of the following in detail:
- Network architecture
- Beamforming and massive MIMO
- Physical layer
- NR upper layers
- Mobility and voice
- Close look at deployment considerations
Basic LTE and LTE Advanced Technical Knowledge
- Discuss 5G vision, motivation, spectrum, and use cases.
- Explain the 3GPP technical standards and timeline for 5G NR.
- Introduce the key 5G NR technology enablers.
- Describe the key design principles of the 5G Core network.
- Compare the 5G Core with the EPC from LTE.
- Explain the RAN Evolution as well as RAN split options – both upper layer and lower layer.
- Discuss NSA and SA Deployment Options.
- Describe the motivation behind mmWave in 5G NR.
- Explain mmWave RF characteristics.
- Discuss mmWave antenna choice.
- Discuss the motivation behind beamforming for 5G NR.
- Describe beamforming techniques.
- Discuss benefits and challenges of M-MIMO.
- Describe Massive MIMO in 5G NR.
- Discuss 5G NR reference signals and channels.
- Explain cell acquisition and the role of synchronization signal blocks for initial access.
- Describe contention based and contention free 5G NR RACH procedures.
- Discuss DL data channel operation.
- Explain UL channels.
- Describe upper layers of the 5G NR Protocol stack.
- Review the RLC and MAC functions.
- List key PDCP functions.
- Discuss the new Layer 2 protocol for QoS in 5GC.
- Explain 5GNR idle mode mobility in NSA and SA modes.
- Describe connected mode mobility in both NSA and SA modes and the measurement event triggers related to mobility.
- Discuss Intra-NR and Inter-RAT mobility.
- Describe lower layer beam mobility and related procedures.
- Discuss voice options for NSA Mode UEs.
- Describe SA mode voice options in SA Mode.
- Outline NSA mobility scenarios during simultaneous voice and data services.
- Discuss 5G deployment options and transition paths.
- Review 5G coverage improvement techniques.
- Describe TDD considerations for deployment.
- Provide an outlook on upcoming 3GPP releases.
- List relevant 5G NR features and enhancements.
Your purchase gives 1-year access to this online eLearning
- 6:00 hours