In this article, we discuss what 5G training is, who should receive it, how it works, and why you should consider receiving 5G training from Qualcomm Technologies. We also discuss the various 5G courses the Qualcomm Wireless Academy offers.
What is 5G Training?5G training involves enhancing your knowledge and skills within the wireless technology field and specifically within 5G, which has revolutionized the way individuals and businesses use wireless communication. This type of training could involve courses that focus on an overview of 5G and wireless communication, in-depth technical seminars, and everything in between.
The following are just a few examples of the different topics generally covered through 5G training:
Who Should Receive 5G Training?Four main groups of professionals should consider 5G training, as outlined below. Click on each title to view courses for each group offered by the Qualcomm Wireless Academy.
- Engineers New to the Wireless Field: If you are an engineer with technical skills, but are new to the field of wireless engineering, you should consider getting a head start by receiving training in 5G technology. After all, as a wireless engineer, you will need to learn as much as you can about the technology that is changing the way the industry operates.
- Engineers with Wireless Experience: As the field of wireless engineering continues to evolve, it is important to stay up-to-date on the latest technology and industry trends. Training with wireless experts is a great way to ensure you stay ahead of the game.
- Seasoned Wireless Engineers: Even if you are a wireless engineer with decades of experience and accomplishments under your belt, it can’t hurt to expand your knowledge and skills even further.
- Business Professionals: 5G training is not only for engineers. Business professionals at just about every company will have to deal with wireless technology on a regular basis, whether it is in your daily professional life or working with engineers to optimize your wireless communication for your business objectives. Regardless, business professionals should have a solid understanding of how 5G works and how it can be used in business.
How Does 5G Training Work?5G training can be conducted in a variety of ways. In general, regardless of the type of training, courses vary between three and six hours, depending on the topic. The following are the three most common types of 5G training:
- Instructor-Led In-Person: Many 5G courses are conducted like a typical class. With this format, the instructor teaches students in a classroom setting with a mixture of lecture and discussions.
- Instructor-Led Online: Some courses are taught by an instructor live online. In this case, instructors teach over a video platform, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams, while students can ask questions live and participate over video.
- eLearning: eLearning courses are becoming more popular as people move more of their lives online and seek flexibility. With eLearning, the instructor pre-records lectures and students listen however and whenever they would like. The Qualcomm Wireless Academy offers dozens of 5G and other wireless-related eLearning training courses on its website. The courses range from $200 - $700 and come with a Qualcomm-branded certificate of completion.
Why Receive 5G Training from Qualcomm?The Qualcomm Wireless Academy offers a wide range of 5G and other wireless communication courses that can help you enhance your resume and take your skills to the next level. The following are just a few of the reasons you should consider receiving your training from Qualcomm:
- Learn from 5G Industry Leaders: Qualcomm invented many of the technologies that make 5G possible, so why not learn from the source of the 5G revolution? By training with Qualcomm, you ensure you receive the highest quality training possible.
- Learn Directly from the Engineers Who Invented the Technology: Qualcomm’s courses are taught by the engineers themselves, so you learn directly from the source. Receive your training and have your questions answered by engineers who helped invent 5G technology.
- Enhance Your Resume: Impress your current or future employer with a Qualcomm course on your resume. Receiving training from Qualcomm could help you get that next job or promotion.
- Receive a Qualcomm-Branded Certificate of Completion: When you finish a Qualcomm course, we send you a Qualcomm-branded certificate of completion that you can attach to your resume, LinkedIn profile, website, or more. This may give you a competitive advantage in the industry.
About the Qualcomm Wireless AcademyThe Qualcomm Wireless Academy is the educational and training branch of Qualcomm, a world leader in 5G technology and wireless innovation. We provide premium training within several areas of the wireless engineering field, including 5G, LTE Advanced, C-V2X, WiFi, and more. We have courses for business professionals, engineers new to the field, and experienced wireless engineers. We also offer a corporate training program for companies looking to optimize their 5G capabilities.
Students and trainees can take many of our courses online through our eLearning program, which offers dozens of online courses for those who prefer a more flexible learning style. For more information or to sign up for a course either as an individual or a company, please reach out to us at email@example.com.