** Not a Wireless Engineer? This course was designed for you. **
This course begins with an overview of wireless and cellular communications, reviews technology evolution and 4G LTE, explains LTE operation and road to 5G, discusses 5G fundamentals and features, and ends with a look at 5G use cases.
General knowledge of cellular communications concepts recommended
• Explain how wireless transmission works, how information is carried on radio waves and what affects how much and how fast information is sent.
• Illustrate a cellular network architecture and explain how a network provides coverage, connects users to services, and allows for multiple users.
• Explain how cellular technology, usage and demand has evolved in the past decade.
• State the benefits and air interface features of 4G LTE and summarize how it differs from previous generation networks.
• Define who determines network standards and protocols for cellular technologies, explain what operators are doing to handle the increased demand for data, and how 4G LTE works and the benefits it offers.
• Recognize the key components of the LTE network architecture.
• List the LTE data services, explain how LTE is optimized to deliver data packets, and state the factors that affect peak data rate performance.
• Define LTE Advanced, list the major features, and explain how LTE Advanced improves upon LTE.
• Discuss features and benefits of 5G.
• Look at use cases for 5G.
Your purchase gives 1-year access to this online eLearning
- 06:00 hours