The course starts with an introduction to 5G Networks. It then explains the propagation aspects and antenna considerations, discusses 5G NR link budget and coverage analysis as well as network planning solutions for indoor environments, Neighbor Lists, PCIs, and RSIs, and 5G NR deployment considerations. It ends by exploring coexistence considerations for 5G NR planning.
• NR Tech Overview
• LTE Rel 8 & 9 Call Processing
• NSA Call Processing
• Compare 5G NR Air Interface with LTE.
• Review the 5G NR bandwidth.
• Describe Key 5G NR Features
• Explain typical deployment scenarios.
• Discuss Propagation Considerations at Sub-6 and mmWave.
• Review Antenna Evolution and Gain Considerations.
• Describe 5G-NR Link Budget at sub-6 GHz, at mmW, and with LTE.
• Define the 5G NR radio network coverage analysis process.
• Describe Geo Data requirements and propagation models for 5G NR planning.
• Describe beamforming effect in M-MIMO simulations.
• Identify 5G NR specific parameters and coverage plots.
• Illustrate 5G NR SA and NSA coverage.
• Introduce FCC and EIRP Limits in an Indoor Environment (sub-6 and mmWave).
• Discuss mmWave Propagation Models and why conventional models cannot be used at mmWave.
• Review Propagation Losses (sub-6 and mmWave).
• Walk through a sample Network Planning Project Procedure.
• Review the neighbor-list planning process.
• Explain the PCI planning procedure.
• Discuss the RSI planning approach.
• Review deployment based broadcast/traffic beam options.
• Discuss antenna choice considerations.
• Explain operations and management associated with active antenna systems, GAP based challenges, and coexistence requirements.
• Discuss 5G-NR coexistence with incumbents for sub-6 GHz.