REGISTRAION CLOSED. Please check back for additional virtual-live training sessions in the future
5G NR Multi-Access Edge Computing Overview
DATE: Wednesday, October 20th, 2021
TIME: 9:00am - 13:00pm (Central European Time)
COST: USD $300
Cost includes access to the virtual-live training session on October 20, 2021 and 1-year access to the online course eBOOK.
Click the [Add to Cart] button below to register and enroll in the class - while seats still last!!
Enhance your engineering skills and understanding of 5G NR Multi-Access Edge Computing. Learn from engineers at Qualcomm Technologies: a global pioneer in 5G technology.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Take the next step in your career by gaining a greater understanding of 5G NR Multi-Access Edge Computing.
- Train with engineers at Qualcomm Technologies – a world leader in 5G technology and wireless engineering.
- Upon completion, receive a Qualcomm-branded certificate of completion that may help you get that next job or promotion.
- Learn how 5G NR multi-access edge computing (MEC) brings applications, storage, switching, and control functions closer to the location where they’re needed, improving data processing and reducing latency.
- Learn how increased efficiency from moving on-device processing to the cloud allows for faster response times and lower battery usage, bringing the potential to transform industries such as manufacturing, transportation, entertainment, and more.
- Edge computing benefits, applications, and related technologies.
- Overview of MEC and 5G architecture, MEC technology enablers, and deployment considerations.
- Detailed overview of 5G MEC architecture, including interfaces, building blocks, and routing mechanisms.
- Service-based interface approach of 5G and integration with MEC.
- Session service continuity modes.
- Multi-homing, uplink classifiers, and LADN.
- Network function virtualization (NFV) in MEC.
- Software defined networking (SDN) in MEC.
- Role of edge intelligence.
- Deployment models and challenges for MEC.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Network Engineers, System Engineers, and/or Managers
- Introduce edge computing and technologies that promote its development
- Explain different network architecture approaches for 5GC
- Discuss service-based interface approach of 5G and integration with MEC
- Explain selection and placement of the user Plane Function (UPF) along the data plane
- Describe various session and service continuity (SSC) modes and their differences
- Illustrate multi-homing, uplink classifiers and local area data network (LADN)
- Outline multi-access edge computing (MEC) architecture
- Discuss the role of network function virtualization’s (NFV) in MEC
- Describe the role of software defined networking (SDN) in MEC
- Explore MEC’s role in edge intelligence
- Discuss MEC deployment challenges
- Describe deployed MEC cases studies
***AFTER YOU REGISTER*** - Please expect a calendar invite within 2-3 days which will include the link to attend the virtual-live training. Your course eBOOK can be accessed under the "My Courses" folder. If any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out these other Virtual-Live Trainings:
C-V2X Technical Seminar – October 27, 2021 (CET)
- 4:00 hours