Gain a greater understanding of LTE wireless technology, specifically call processing for LTE Advanced Releases 8 and 9. Learn from engineers at Qualcomm Technologies: a global pioneer in wireless communication technology.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Take the next step in your career by gaining a greater understanding of LTE call processing.
- Train with engineers at Qualcomm Technologies – a world leader in 5G technology and wireless communication.
- Upon completion, receive a Qualcomm-branded certificate of completion that may help you get that next job or promotion.
- Step-by-step procedures performed by an LTE User Equipment (UE) from initial power-on through data transfer and service utilization
- Introduction of the Evolved Packet System (EPS) network architecture, where each network node is described
- Discussion of the EPS registration procedure and how subscription data is utilized during initial cell selection
- In-depth discussion of the control messaging and parameter configuration of the various nodes and interfaces in EUTRAN and the Evolved Packet Core (EPC), which facilitate registration with the EPS network and the establishment of EPS bearers
- Discussion of how EPS bearers are utilized for transporting user plane application data to external networks
- How QoS support is achieved through the setup of dedicated EPS bearers
- Includes illustration of packet filters, packet marking, and charging to explain how user plane data flows through the EPS network
- Multiple PDN connectivity in EPS network
- Discussion of mobility in idle and connected states and description of measurement configuration, cell reselection, and handover for both intra-LTE and inter-RAT (UTRAN and eHRPD)
- Introduction of the concept of Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB), whereby support for CS voice is achieved by redirection of a UE to an underlying UTRAN or 1xRTT network
LTE Technical Overview or equivalent knowledge recommended.
- Describe the EPS network architecture and nodes
- State how subscription information and LTE device capability are utilized to support PLMN selection, cell search, and cell camping
- Explain intra-frequency and inter-frequency cell reselection during Idle state mobility
- Illustrate the paging mechanism in idle state
- Describe the EPS Attach Procedure, authentication and security activation
- Illustrate the establishment of EPS bearers to support the transport of user plane application data
- Explain QoS support and UE and NW dedicated EPS bearer establishment
- Illustrate connectivity to multiple APNs
- Summarize event configuration to facilitate measurements and reporting in connected state
- List different types of intra-LTE handovers and seamless data transport during handovers
- Describe different Radio Link failure scenarios and recovery mechanisms
- Show the inter-RAT handover mechanism for UTRAN and eHRPD
- Explain Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB)
Your purchase gives 1-year access to this online eLearning
- 10:00 hours