The course starts with an introduction to the 5G NR Air Interface. It then explains 5G air interface organization and capacity, and discusses dimensioning for DL common signals, PDCCH, PDSCH, paging, UL common channels, and PUSCH.
• 5G NR Air Interface
• Propose a method to estimate the capacity of the 5G air interface.
• Describe Downlink and Uplink signals and channels.
• Discuss how channels and signals share the physical layer resources.
• Explain how to input the user traffic demand.
• Describe key aspects of 5G NR Air Interface.
• Identify capacity implications.
• Introduce DL Time-Frequency Resources.
• Identify the DL common signals.
• Calculate the physical layer resources used by the DL common signals.
• Introduce PDCCH Time-Frequency Resources.
• Discuss the PDCCH Dimensioning Process and Formulas.
• Review examples of PDCCH Dimensioning.
• Estimate the resources available for PDSCH.
• Model the PDSCH demand from traffic inputs.
• Review examples of PDSCH Dimensioning.
• Describe the 5G NR paging procedure.
• Detail the paging dimensioning resource process.
• Demonstrate the relationship between paging load and registration area sizes.
• Describe how the UL channels map to the resources and their impact on system capacity.
• Calculate the resources consumed by the UL common signals.
• Review the PRACH and PUCCH channel dimensioning process.
• Estimate the resources available for PUSCH.
• Model the PUSCH demand from traffic inputs.
• Review examples of PUSCH Dimensioning.