The course begins with a review of LTE Advanced Release 10 and 11 and then presents a high-level introduction of Release 12 features. Enhancements that are discussed in detail include: D2D (Device to Device), CA (Carrier Aggregation) for FDD and TDD, dual connectivity, physical layer, system, small cell, smartphones, WLAN/3GPP interworking, CoMP (Coordinated Multi-Point), miscellaneous, and voice. The course concludes by discussing Release 13 and beyond.
LTE Advanced Release 11 knowledge recommended
• Recall the air interface and system enhancements in Release 10.
• Recall the major features introduced in Release 11.
• List and describe the key features and services introduced in Release 12.
• Summarize the D2D discovery, communication and synchronization procedures.
• Explain the four mixed FDD/TDD carrier aggregation scenarios.
• Recognize the radio protocol and network architecture for dual connectivity (DC) and list the changes and functions of the physical, MAC, PDCP and RRC layers for DC.
• Explain the functions and benefits of eIMTA, 256-QAM, TTI bundling and MIMO enhancements in the physical layer.
• Explain Group Call eMBMS congestion management and describe NAICS (Network Assisted Interference Cancellation and Suppression.
• List the types of hetnet mobility enhancements, explain the procedures for DRS or discovery signals, and describe X2-GW, inbound mobility to CSG with different PLMNs and SIPTO in local networks with co-located and stand-alone L-GW.
• Summarize the function of increased UE carrier monitoring (IncMon), explain the power saving mode (PSM), and list the UE capabilities for smartphones.
• List and explain the methods for 3GPP-WLAN interworking for traffic offloading.
• Summarize the CoMP enhancements, explain CoMP hypothesis sets and their benefit metrics, and describe the RSRP measurement report and X2 procedures.
• List the advantages of EVS, describe channel-aware mode of operation, identify EVC codec modes, bit rates and formats, and compare audio quality with AMR-WB.
• List and describe the key Release 13 RAN features.
Your purchase gives 1-year access to this online eLearning
- 06:00 hours