Gain a greater understanding of LTE wireless technology, specifically LTE Advanced Release 12. Learn from engineers at Qualcomm Technologies: a global pioneer in wireless communication technology.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Take the next step in your career by gaining a greater understanding of LTE and wireless engineering.
- Train with engineers at Qualcomm Technologies – a world leader in 5G technology and wireless communication.
- Upon completion, receive a Qualcomm-branded certificate of completion that may help you get that next job or promotion.
- Review of LTE Advanced Releases 10 and 11
- High-level introduction of Release 12 features
- Discussion of the following enhancements:
- D2D (Device to Device)
- CA (Carrier Aggregation) for FDD and TDD
- Dual connectivity, physical layer, system, small cell, and smartphone enhancements
- WLAN/3GPP interworking
- CoMP (Coordinated Multi-Point)
- Miscellaneous and voice
- Discussion of Release 13 and beyond
LTE Advanced Release 11 knowledge recommended
- Recall the air interface and system enhancements in Release 10.
- Recall the major features introduced in Release 11.
- List and describe the key features and services introduced in Release 12.
- Summarize the D2D discovery, communication and synchronization procedures.
- Explain the four mixed FDD/TDD carrier aggregation scenarios.
- Recognize the radio protocol and network architecture for dual connectivity (DC) and list the changes and functions of the physical, MAC, PDCP and RRC layers for DC.
- Explain the functions and benefits of eIMTA, 256-QAM, TTI bundling and MIMO enhancements in the physical layer.
- Explain Group Call eMBMS congestion management and describe NAICS (Network Assisted Interference Cancellation and Suppression.
- List the types of hetnet mobility enhancements, explain the procedures for DRS or discovery signals, and describe X2-GW, inbound mobility to CSG with different PLMNs and SIPTO in local networks with co-located and stand-alone L-GW.
- Summarize the function of increased UE carrier monitoring (IncMon), explain the power saving mode (PSM), and list the UE capabilities for smartphones.
- List and explain the methods for 3GPP-WLAN interworking for traffic offloading.
- Summarize the CoMP enhancements, explain CoMP hypothesis sets and their benefit metrics, and describe the RSRP measurement report and X2 procedures.
- List the advantages of EVS, describe channel-aware mode of operation, identify EVC codec modes, bit rates and formats, and compare audio quality with AMR-WB.
- List and describe the key Release 13 RAN features.
Your purchase gives 1-year access to this online eLearning
- 06:00 hours