This LTE IoT Technical Seminar begins with an introduction of the Internet of Things (IoT) and an overview of pre-release and Release 13 solutions. The course then discusses the Release 13 Enhanced Machine Type Communication (eMTC) air interface, the Release 13 Narrow Band (NB)-IoT air interface, high level signaling, call flow, coverage, and capacity. The course concludes with a summary of key deployment considerations and the future roadmap.
Technical 4G standards knowledge and experience highly recommended
• Define IoT, explain how it works, and explain why it is important to service providers.
• Diagram a typical IoT network, list the connectivity options, name two new 3GPP LTE Release 13 IoT devices and summarize key deployment considerations.
• Define MTC, describe the three main 3GPP communication models, and name the key features that support MTC in LTE Releases 10-13.
• Explain the motivation for eMTC device introduction, discuss the modifications to the control and data channels in the air interface, summarize the Hybrid Automatic Repeat Request (HARQ) process, and describe the coverage enhancement mode.
• Explain the motivation for NB-IoT device introduction, discuss the modifications to the control and data channels in the air interface, summarize the HARQ process, describe the coverage enhancement mode and summarize the Random Access Channel (RACH) procedure.
• Overview LTE-IoT call setup and data flow.
• Discuss Radio Link Monitoring (RLM), Radio Resource Management (RRM), and Radio Link Failure (RLF).
• Summarize how idle and connected mode mobility works and describe eMTC handover.
• Explain the motivation for IoT coverage enhancement, how it is achieved for each channel, and how it translates to cell radius.
• Summarize the eMTC and NB-iOT dimensioning processes and discuss downlink and uplink capacity.
• State the key deployment considerations with respect to technology, spectrum, coverage and capacity, battery life, and device strategy.
Your purchase gives 1-year access to this online eLearning
- 06:00 hours